Tuesday 8 March 2016

Time for a Change 2016 #2

February was a very busy month for me. Alongside all my usual activities I joined a fortnightly singing group and went to my first meeting of a local women's group.

I have now attended two singing group sessions and am loving it. I particularly like the fact that it isn't a formal choir and that we are singing purely for enjoyment's sake. The inspirational Claire leads us in warming up exercises followed by working on three different songs Belle Mama and Zidele Anathambo (which I haven't been able to find a recording of) which are both four part songs and Gaudete which is a very different style from the first two, though with a Steeleye Span take rather than a choral style.

I always feel very happy and relaxed afterwards and I have found that my sleep patterns are much improved for the first night or so after, too. During the weeks between sessions I usually find myself absentmindedly singing one or other of the songs whilst cooking, driving etc

I've restarted work on a crochet Afghan blanket which I'm making for December - only about 200 squares to go!




No comments:

Post a Comment