Thursday 16 June 2016

30 Days Wild in June Challenge - Days 14 to 16: Bugs and Butterflies



The weather has been very changeable this week, however on Tuesday it cleared up for a couple of hours and so we ventured outside to a local wood.

We spotted a Cinnabar Moth, which I have never seen before. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get a photo - it kept moving! It's a red and black moth and very eye catching.

I did manage to photograph this bee though:


There were lots of lovely wildflowers too, including scarlet pimpernel and bird's foot trefoil (which I've always known as eggs and bacon!)




Whilst checking our potatoes this afternoon (which we got from the Potato Council) I spotted this little insect - I think it's a young cricket.





December attended a Home Ed group today, where she made a flower with a butterfly on top of it, to show how flowers are pollinated. She really enjoyed the session and is looking forward to bringing her artwork home next week.





No comments:

Post a Comment