Friday 6 November 2015

Baking with June


In my October copy of Waitrose Food magazine June noticed a recipe for Campfire Brownies (Campfire Brownies recipe link ) and asked me if she could make them.

I had a look at the recipe and found that it would be very simple to make it gluten free so agreed.

I should explain that the main reason June was attracted to this recipe was that the brownies were covered with marshmallows! Here are the photos we took:

Brownie mix about to go into the oven



Part-baked brownie before marshmallows added

Brownie with marshmallows before going back into the oven

Cooked brownie and just-started-to-melt marshmallows, waiting to be cut up

I am sure you can imagine that, once the cake had cooled enough, it was eaten very quickly! The only change I made to the recipe to make it gluten free was to use Dove's Farm Gluten Free Plain Flour instead of standard plain flour. The brownies that I was able to box up kept well (but were all eaten within 3 days of baking!).


No comments:

Post a Comment