Wednesday 3 June 2015

30 Days Wild in June : Day 3 Potatoes




Last night was unexpectedly wonderful for Full Moon gazing - the clouds cleared but later crept back to wreathe her in ethereal wisps and then covered the Moon's face altogether.

Today was completely different from yesterday - calm, bright and sunny. So this afternoon we tackled a gardening task that should have been carried out about 2 months ago. We (well December, June and their Daddy) planted out some seed potatoes that have been chitting for a while (since April sometime, I think).



It will be interesting to see how well they do (I'm not expecting much, which is a good way not to be disappointed!).



We also enjoyed listening to the birdsong we could hear and saw a large Thrush (I believe) singing it's heart out at the top of the Willow tree at the end of our garden.



Sorry that it isn't a terribly clear photograph, I have to use the camera on my mobile phone as I don't have a camera at present.

We also started discussing our big project, which will be a bug hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment