Monday 2 February 2015

What? It's February ALREADY?!


Gluten Free Chocolate Jaffa Self-Saucing Pudding

Yesterday morning I was bumbling around, minding my own business doing my usual Sunday stuff (oversleeping; rushing to get those who go to Church there on time; baking a yummy Sunday pud) when December suddenly announced, 'It's the 1st of February today'. My laid back, sleepiness woke up - how on earth had January disappeared already? It was only New Year's Eve days ago - heck, Christmas Day was only about a week back. Or not, as it turned out - New Year's Eve was 31 days ago and Christmas Day 40 days in the past.




I have had rather a lot on my mind recently, so much so that January has disappeared in even more of a blur than usual. In the approach to the festive season and over the Christmas period itself, January (if you think about it at all) seems to loom in a slightly dark and gloomy way over the proceedings. People always talk about the first month of the year as being a depressing month, which given that it follows weeks of celebrations, sparkly decorated rooms and gift swapping, is hardly surprising.

Somehow January 2015 has managed to slip by almost unnoticed.

Maybe it's because I have been very busy with our Home Educating activities? Or perhaps it's partly down to the fact that I have been filling the non-HE moments with learning new skills? I'm not sure, however I think I rather like it - not feeling like January has been endured is a new experience to me and one that I would hope to repeat next year.

2 comments:

  1. It just scares the socks off me as to how fast time is going. Only good thing is that this Winter doesn't seem to be as long and dark as the last one, and the lighter Mornings and Evenings are here

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know-can't believe it's February already ! Hooray for the returning light though-might still be freezing but it is Spring next month (officially anyway !) x

    ReplyDelete