Tuesday 24 February 2015

Awake

In the middle of the night, when insomnia is keeping me awake again (even though I am exhausted), I find myself dwelling on all sorts of thoughts.

My mind is running on overdrive and when I try and follow up information on issues worrying me I often feel like I can feel my blood pressure rising in frustration and upset. Which keeps me even more awake.

So I'm coming to the conclusion that I would be better off not being online or, in fact, using any technology when I cannot get to sleep.

I think I need to get myself an insomnia pack together consisting of a piece of knitting, some crocheting and perhaps a book (though nothing too stimulating) in the hopes that these activities will help to calm my brain activity and, hopefully, help me get to sleep.

In reality, the only action that will help me to get some rest is for the things worrying me to be sorted out so that I can relax and not be stressed. Here's hoping.

3 comments:

  1. have you tried soft relaxing music or a talking book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried audio books, however I do find some music (especially classical) quite relaxing.

      Delete
  2. No wonder I couldn't wake you up this morning.

    ReplyDelete