Saturday 7 March 2015

Time for a Change? #3

Time for a Change is my way of trying to ensure I put some time aside every week (preferably daily) to extend my knowledge about subjects I enjoy (such as Astronomy), learn a new language (attempting German at present) or do something creative. I haven't posted for nearly a month about my development, so here is a photo of what I have been doing:



The turquoise piece is my first ever knitted simple wrist warmer (I'm currently knitting the matching one!) and the red one is the first half of a pair of wrist warmers that are going to be a gift from me and December to a person we cannot name (so as to not give the surprise away!) - she is knitting the other one.





I was lucky enough to attend a beginner's needle felting session with December a couple of weeks ago and these pictures show what I achieved (hopefully you can tell what the flowers are!)

The drawing on the right was what I used as a rough guide towards what I wanted to achieve. 





This is a craft I will be buying the tools to continue as I really enjoyed it.

Sadly, due to being so busy with other activities, I haven't yet finished the Future Learn course on Orion, however I am working on it where I can (and finding it very interesting).

I have also been to several presentations at the South Downs Planetarium covering subjects such as the Northern Lights and Myths and Legends of the night sky.


No comments:

Post a Comment