Thursday 5 March 2015

That's Entertainment

I have been very lucky over the last month to experience some fantastic plays (streamed live to a local cinema) and some very entertaining films.

For me, I know that I have enjoyed a production (or film) when I find myself sitting with a broad smile spread across my face as the cast take their bows or the credits roll. In the case of theatrical productions, smarting hands and a throat hoarse from shouting 'Bravo' and 'Encore' are also strong signs of enjoyment!

So, Loves' Labours' Lost in February and Loves' Labours' Won (usually known as Much Ado About Nothing) in March, both performed by the Royal Shakespeare Company in their theatre in Stratford upon Avon, are the superb theatrical productions that had me applauding in my cinema seat.

Kingsman : The Secret Service and Jupiter Ascending are the first films I have been to see more than once this year - currently I have seen both 3 times (some showings in IMAX). I think both films appealed so strongly to me because they are perfectly escapist and I have been feeling low.


No comments:

Post a Comment