Friday 16 January 2015

Thoughts from the Shower



How many people, whilst showering, have all sorts of amazing thoughts and ideas - only for them to melt away on stepping out of the cubicle?

I am going to endeavour to share my own shower philosophies over an ongoing series of occasional posts - perhaps you, who are reading this, would share your own with me?

So, here is my first one:

I often hear the saying, 'You can't take it with you', in reference to wealth and possession and in particular to people who are rich and are perceived to either be mean or grabbing more wealth/power.

It occurs to me that, whilst this statement is true, these people would probably respond that they are aware of this and are planning on passing their wealth/power/possessions on to their children/other relatives (or maybe a lucky charity!).

So, does this negate the saying or does it tell you more about the person using it - perhaps that they are jealous or envious in thought? If this is the case, which is worse - possessing wealth or being jealous of those that possess it?

Comments and shares welcome. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment