Sunday 11 January 2015

Time for a Change?



Time has been flying by here, whilst I don't feel that I have actually been doing very much, mainly because I am (hopefully) recovering from being ill over Christmas and New Year.

It occurs to me that whilst people talk a lot about what would happen if someone invented a Time Machine, we all tend to forget that we are already on one, though only travelling one way. The general consensus seems to be that having a Time Machine would somehow make life easier, though there is a wealth of evidence in movies and literature that shows the opposite is the case.

We all look so far ahead in time - having to be somewhere by a certain time; an event happening at a fixed time; deadlines for work, etc., that we often forget to be present in the time we are currently in and thereby miss it.

So many people talk about not having enough time to do what they need to do and then procrastinate by spending time on Social Media, for example (I know I am guilty of this myself!).

Perhaps we all need to stop, if only for a moment, review what is important to us and try to reduce the irrelevant or time wasting activities so that we can spend more time on what we enjoy, whatever that may be.

For me, it will be learning a foreign language; improving my knowledge of astronomy and being more creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment