Wednesday 14 January 2015

Waiting

Waiting is something that we all have to do at some point in our lives and I have mixed responses to having to wait, much like most other people, I expect.

When I have had to have medical tests/examinations for a condition or illness not yet determined, I have got into a terrible state of anxiety whilst awaiting the results, with all sorts of possible outcomes running unbidden through my mind. 

The worst kind of waiting though has to be that which you endure when a loved one or close friend is in an accident or taken suddenly ill and you don't know what the outcome is, or will be.

At times like the above the support of your partner, or a good friend, is invaluable to help you get through what can seem like an interminable period of uncertainty.

However, at Christmas and on my birthday I am quite good at waiting, partly because it extends the sense of anticipation in a positive way and partly because wrapped gifts are a real object of excited curiosity - trying to figure out the contents is at least half the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment